The administration interface
The purpose of this chapter is to present a walkthrough of the most commonly used parts of the administration interface that comes with eZ Publish. Please note that the administration interface consists of many parts. This chapter does not cover advanced topics, instead it focuses on the parts that are most likely to be used by people who simply want to manage content.
eZ Publish comes with a web based administration interface that makes the everyday tasks of site and content management an easy matter. The interface can be reached and used regardless of location and/or operating environment as long the following requirements are fullfilled:
- The client must be able to reach the eZ Publish server through a network
- The client must be equipped with a modern/supported web browser
The administration interface is designed to work in all major browsers on all of the mainstream operating systems that are available today (2005). The solution has been tested and tailored to work in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 5.5 on Microsoft Windows
- Internet Explorer 6.0 on Microsoft Windows
- Opera on all available/supported platforms
- Mozilla Firefox on all available/supported platforms
- Safari on Apple's OSX
- Konqueror on GNU/Linux
Please note that the interface should work in any browser that is capable of rendering XHTML 1.0 Transitional and supports CSS. If CSS is not supported, the system will appear without design/layout but will still be accessible through standard/default HTML elements.
Balazs Halasy (23/06/2005 9:15 am)
Balazs Halasy (23/01/2007 5:32 pm)