What is new in eZ Publish 5.0
eZ Publish Version 5.0 represents a big step forward for eZ Publish, as it has introdcuces a whole new architecture. Most of it is under the hood in this release, and there is no new user interfaces (UI). Those are covered by the existing 4.x UI, which is now referred to as 'legacy'. If you're a developer and want to know more about this "Dual-kernel" approach, head over to the developer section.
New major features in eZ Publish 5.0 include:
- eZ Publish Public API
- REST API v2 (with full read and write support)
- Symfony2 based
In addition we have also bundled a preview of our Demo Site on top of the new architecture, so if you do a new fresh install you will get this by default in front-end, but can turn it off by enabling "legacy_mode" in ezpublish.yml.
- Installing eZ Publish 5 (includes detailed specification of requirements)
- Upgrading to eZ Publish 5
- Architecture overview of eZ Publish 5 (Coming)
- Known issues in 5.0
- Public API basics & Cookbook
- REST API