The normal installation method is the most common and recommended way of deploying eZ Publish. It requires a system which already has the proper environment installed, most notably a web server and a database. The necessary requirements are explained in detail within the next section. A typical normal installation process consists of the following steps:
- Setting up / creating a database
- Downloading a packaged eZ Publish distribution
- Unpacking the eZ Publish distribution
- Prepare the extracted files
- (optional) Configure a VirtualHost
- Initiating and going through the web based setup wizard at http://<your-host-name>/ezsetup
- (optional) Set up cronjobs for eZ Publish
Once the web based setup wizard has completed, eZ Publish will be ready for use.
The "Installing eZ Publish on a Linux/UNIX based system" and "Installing eZ Publish on Windows" sections (depending on the target OS) will take you through the necessary steps.