November 12th 2015
eZ announces the availability of 5.4.5, a maintenance release available for all users of eZ Publish Platform 5.4. In addition to 18 bug fixes, it adds two packages that are part of the upcoming eZ Platform release: Solr as a repository search engine, and a revamped Recommendation engine integration.
Follow the 5.4.x Update Instructions to apply this update to your platforms.
Highlights: New Features
This maintenance release introduces a new eZ Platform package: support for Solr as a Repository search engine. Besides this there are several maintenance issues fixed as listed below both coming from support issues and pull requests from community.
Improved Search engine powered by Solr
Resolving known issues
Known for both Solr and Recommendation:
- Exception if Binary files in database has invalid path prefix
- Make sure
var_diris configured properly, and that you specify siteaccess when indexing content for Solr via command line.
- Make sure
- Exception on unsupported Field Types
- Make sure to implement all FieldTypes (aka datatypes) in your installation, or configure missing once as NullType if implementation is not possible/needed.
- Content not immediately available
- Solr Bundle: Is on purpose not committing changes directly on Repository updates, but letting you control this using Solr configuration. Adjust Solr autoSoftCommit (visibility of change to search index) and autoCommit (hard commit, for durability and replication) to balance performance and load on your Solr instance against needs you have for NRT.
- Recommendation service: Content should be available within 5-10 minutes after content has been sent to the service by RecommendationBundle.
If you still have problems, pop into our Slack channel at https://ezcommunity.slack.com/messages/ezplatform-use/ to discuss.
Here are the ezsystems packages that have received an update as part of this release:
Updates and fixes in this release